Lewa's 2012 Annual Report is Out!
2012 was a difficult year for Lewa, but good news and significant achievements were also plenty. Download this Annual Report and find out:
- Ian Craig’s insight into what options Lewa and other conservancies have as they combat the ever increasing threat from poaching of rhinos and elephants
- How the Wildlife and Research department’s Strategic Plan will help in endangered species and habitat management
- The black rhinos trends on Lewa, activities of the Mobile Vet Unit, and a sneak peak into the new exciting booklet developed by the Conservation Education Centre to enhance learning
- What measures the security team has taken to protect the remaining rhino population and prevent more rhino deaths
- The expansion of the Lewa Education Programme to include three new schools, and how the improvement of infrastructure in Kilimani Primary School is helping in the fight against poaching
- Lewa’s readiness in light of the changing political atmosphere in Kenya, and the Conservancy’s relationship with the newly elected leaders
- The mitigation of human-elephant conflict, Lewa’s 2012 financial status, and Nicky the blind rhino’s rise to fame!
Inside the Annual Report you will also find beautiful pictures of Lewa’s wildlife by photographer Martin Harvey who has worked in over 45 countries across the globe and has for the past few years largely concentrated on endangered species, indigenous people and travel scenes throughout Africa.
To download this Annual Report from our website, visit our download library.