Get Involved






Lewa Wildlife Conservancy is experiencing very unseasonal rain (over 22inches since the beginning of November) with no prospect of any improvement.

January 02, 2007

The implications are that most roads are washed out and impassable and there is absolutely nothing that guests can do at the lodges. In fact, we are not sure for how long our guests will be able to make between Headquarters/Airstrip and the Safari Camp. Therefore we believe it is irresponsible to accept guests under the current circumstances. We will close all Lewa lodges for the next eight days (until the 12th of January) and reassess the situation every day looking into the weather conditions one week out. Even if the rain stops today it will take about six days for the ground to dry out and for us to repair the roads to such a state that they can be used for access to the lodges and games drives.

We apologize for this situation and fully appreciate the inconvenience this will cause but believe it the only responsible option available. Please stand by for a daily review.

Today (on the 8th of January) we have had three days of beautiful sunshine so it is looking promising but we are still waiting to see how it is drying out.

Yours Faithfully, David Parkinson