Please read the following description of our privacy practices and, if you have any questions, you can visit our Contact Us page and submit a question via email and receive assistance from our staff on the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy.
What Information May Be Collected?
The Lewa Wildlife Conservancy collects two kinds of information: personal information that you choose to supply us, and non-personal information, such as your IP address.
- Personally Identifiable Information.
- Newsletters, Donations and Contact Us Online Form. If you subscribe to the Lewa’s enewsletter, request additional information about the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, submit a donation online, or participate in any of the other services on the Lewa website that require personal information, we may request your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address in order to respond to your inquiries. The Lewa Wildlife Conservancy may collect and store the information you choose to provide us to send you information about Lewa. If you make a donation to Lewa and elect to pay online, Lewa will collect the necessary financial information. Lewa collects and stores some information the user chooses to provide, including name, address and email address, to send users information about Lewa. Lewa will not disclose financial information except as necessary to fulfill users' donation requests. Lewa collects such financial information in a secure manner and discards such financial information after processing.
- Non-personally identifiable information.
- IP Addresses and Environmental Variables. The Lewa Wildlife Conservancy may also collect information through IP addresses or environmental variables. An "IP address" is a number used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data can be transmitted to you. "Environmental variables" include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed our web site, type of web browser and operating system or platform used, the Internet address of the website you left to visit Lewa, the names of the pages you visit while at our website, and the Internet address of the website you then visit. We collect all of this information to allow us to detect broad demographic trends, to provide information tailored to your interests and to enhance your experience on Lewa’s website. This information may be aggregated in an anonymous manner.
How Information May Be Used.
We may share personally and non-personally identifiable information with third parties that help manage our website and databases and with our partners, affiliates, or other third parties.
User Control over Collection and Use of Information.
The Lewa Wildlife Conservancy provides you with the following choices regarding the use of your information:
- You may set your browser to: (1) inform you when cookies are being set before a cookie is stored; (2) not accept cookies at all; and (3) erase all cookies from your hard drive. However, if you choose to reject or erase cookies, your ability to navigate our site may be limited.
- You may choose not to provide Lewa with any contact information. However, if you do so, we will be unable to respond to your request for Lewa information.
Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
PO Box 10607-00100
Phone: +254 (020) 607 893
Fax: +254 (020) 607 197